[Magdalen] Who is "teaching the faith" lately?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 23:04:31 UTC 2019

I think for new people (especially those burned by the evangelicals) an
afternoon with Rachel Held Evans would be helpful. In any case, the times
are long past when this info has to come from members of the clergy (in
person OR in print).

There are several romantic (that it to say sentimental) histories of the
Oxford Movement.

You could work your way through the Rule of SSJE.
(On their website they say "Not many come to us struggling with questions
of faith. Instead they come struggling with questions of life: how should I
live?"

You could find a good docent and do church tours (not architectural, but
object/symbol/meaning).

If you absolutely *have* to use a book, try Rabbi Jesus :-)
That should scare them into submission.
-M