[Magdalen] Le Jour de L'Armistice.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 10 20:41:43 UTC 2019

51 years ago tomorrow (November 11, 2019), I was in France
with a small group from the Frankfurt/Main Army Hospital doing somearchitectural studying of Northeast France.  We stayed overnight inSoissons, the site of a major cathedral that was heavily damagedin WW-1.

There was about an inch of new snow overnight, and it covered theelaborate crockets and finials on the numerous churches andcathedrals.

We took time to visit the fabled Carrefour de L'Armistice where boththe conclusion of WW-1 and the capitulation of France to Germanyin WW-2 were signed.  We were aware the rail car was a reproductionbecause Hitler had the original blown up after the French capitulation.

Where have the 51 years gone?

David Strang. --- Wishing all my fellow veterans well on this day.