[Magdalen] Rescue (No Anglican Content)

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Nov 13 05:26:48 UTC 2019

Still, you have a greater variety of trees there than grow in Northern Wisconsinand Minnesota.  The success story in the western pine species would have tobe Monterey Pine (Pinus radiata) whose natural range is a couple small areas alongthe coast of California, but which is now the most widely planted pine in theworld for lumbar.  Wouldn't you know, it is now endangered in CA by a fungus.

There is, incidentally no tree that grows further north than the Tamarack.It grows right up to the permafrost arctic zones of North America.

The Torrey Pine is one of the three "Heavy pine cone" trees in California.The others are Coulter Pine, and Sugar Pine.

"26 miles across the sea; Santa Catalina is the Island of Romance, RomanceRomance, Romance."

David Strang.  There is legend (true) that I hugged the first Sugar Pine I sawexploring in the Sierras.  It is the largest and tallest of pines.