[Magdalen] Spending Time With Merton

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 02:32:36 UTC 2019

Somewhere I have a picture of the entire choir of the Trappist Monastery before it wasremodeled, and not too nicely, I will add.  My RC priest friend who was a Trappist for18 years is seated right next to him at the weekly Solemn High Mass for the Monastery.

This is also the location of that bizarre but hilarious Solemn Mass at which the deaconfor the Mass lost his jockey shorts on the floor, and then the MC of the Mass kicked
the shorts into the sacristy.  Who says that Trappists don't have a sense of humor?

They make delicious fruit cake and several flavors of wonderful fudge.

David Strang.