[Magdalen] Well done, good and faithful servant

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 01:43:51 UTC 2019

Ann, Diana’s party was my first actual meeting with him, too, but it wasn’t the first time I’d  seen him. I’ve never forgotten that time.
It was at an Under One Roof conference in, I think, St.Louis. Integrity had just had their national convention there, so they had a large presence. Integrity sponsored an afternoon opportunity for conversation about homosexuality. We were seated around tables, each table including a member of Integrity to help facilitate conversation. Preceding the conversations was a panel presentation by four members of Integrity.
The first person up was Louie, who at that time was somewhat rotund, as I recall, and wearing a tan suit. I’d never heard of him, but I got very excited when he said, “I’m going to tell you the most important verse in Scripture that relates to homosexuality.”
I remember leaning forward, thinking I was finally going to hear *the* answer and could share it with others.
And very quietly and deliberately, he quoted the words of John 3:16.  Even thinking about it now brings tears as it did then. It was so clear and simple and was really all that needed to be said...and it blew me away. And I have, in fact, recounted that many times over the years since.