[Magdalen] Eucharistic prayer

Ferdinand von Prondzynski (Emeritus) f.von-prondzynski at rgu.ac.uk
Sun Oct 20 23:07:05 UTC 2019

> "For the" is in common use in New England and, I think, in eastern Canada,
> For example, you hear "For the love of Pete!" or "For love nor money/"
> Stuff like that. It may just be that it lingers here when it's been long
> gone over there.

Well, those are expressions in fairly common use on this side of the Atlantic also. But if you were to take the meaning of 'for love nor money' for example and apply it to 'for the remembrance of me', you end up suggesting that we should 'so this' so that people would remember Christ. Which is not what we are indicating in the sacrament. I just think it's a very strange formula - but then again, I doubt that Our Lord minds very much...

Ferdinand

Robert Gordon University has been awarded a TEF Gold award for the quality of its undergraduate teaching and learning, placing it in the top 20% of Universities in the UK

Robert Gordon University, a Scottish charity registered under charity number SC 013781.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Robert Gordon University. Thank you.