[Magdalen] Eucharistic prayer

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 20 21:12:37 UTC 2019

Re: French Canadian accent.

My little childhood girlfriend just next door ended up being the Chair of the French
Department at Pomona College in California.  Her specialty was regional French accentsand historical French accents.  She could reproduce French from anywhere at anytime.

She told of being hauled in for speeding on the autoroute along the Seine in Paris (The sameone where Princess Diane was killed) and being arrested because, though she spoke perfectIle de France French, she was driving a private car with California plates.  The gendarmes
could't believe she wasn't French so elegant and perfect was her accent.

I used to touch base with her at the annual Medieval Meeting at Kalamazoo College eachspring.  Sadly, breast cancer took her life a few years ago and a real linguistic talent
disappeared.

David Strang.