[Magdalen] TEC talk

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:42:21 UTC 2019

> the* Episcopal
> Church is the Scottish Episcopal Church, out of which the US church was
> born, when Bishop Seabury was consecrated right here where I am, in

I know that after the Revolutionary war England could not/would no longer consecrate bishops, from their break-away colony but I thought that Scotland ordained Seabury as a work-around, as it were, for us. I don't recall ever hearing that Seabury's ordination folded American Anglicans into the Scottish Episcopal Church, even briefly.
Lynn