[Magdalen] TEC talk

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 02:42:37 UTC 2019

I've told this story before. At the time of the Revolutionary War, our
vicar and our (colonial) governor packed up some of the parish silver,
jumped on a packet, and sailed to Halifax.

In time, the governor's home became the old age home and we children went
caroling there every Christmas. We were always invited to thrust our tiny
fingers into the holes in the wall made as the Patriots fired at the King's
men.

We were without a vicar until after the war, when Queen's Chapel was
renamed St. John's. The  current building was dedicated twenty years later
(around 1811).
-M