[Magdalen] TEC talk

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 13:41:09 UTC 2019

Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

John Wentworth was a very strange fellow. Grandson of the first colonial
governor IIRC, he seems to have been born with a taste for political
intrigue and a talent for bad management. Eventually he became vice
governor of Nova Scotia. I remember snarling at his plaque in a church
there.

Also, of course, I knew members of his extended family. By the
twentieth-century they'd devolved into quiet rural poverty and backwoods
ignorance.

I love history.
-M