[Magdalen] Fall Down Go Boom.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 27 18:58:09 UTC 2019

I fell on the floor and couldn't get up yesterday morning.  Over the years, I havegone down a few times, mostly on black ice situations.  Luckily, all my falls havebeen soft falls, and no serious injury occurred.  In this case, I twisted aroundto pick up some papers off a table and lost balance.

The amazing thing was the quick response.  I did use my Life Alert to summonhelp (my partner cannot lift me dead weight).  Within ten minutes of the fall, Iwas faced with three strapping emergency personnel, two of whom simplygrabbed my arms and hauled me upright.  There was no charge or even anypaperwork, and they left as quickly as they had come.  What wonderfultownship first responders.

I was amused that my dogs didn't recognize me on the floor, and stayed theirdistance growling and after awhile on my feet finally realized it was I.

And my 82nd birthday is a couple weeks away.  Falling is part of getting older,sadly.

David  Strang