[Magdalen] Streaming Services

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:38:46 UTC 2020

And I can understand the bishop having drawn a bright line, to say no one
is to enter a church, in order to prevent compromises (well, it's just a
few of us, and we'll stay distanced). No...No one from outside the church
is to come into the church. So there will be no dangerous gatherings there.
Also, if there's the sort of pastor who wants to defy the orders and hold a
normal service in there, it's banned. I was a bit shocked at first but now
appreciate the clarity. I'm sure it's harder for clergy than for me.

Our parish is having Masses streamed from the rectory, with the rector as
celebrant and his wife as acolyte and lector.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA