[Magdalen] Streaming Services

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:10:32 UTC 2020

Our Metropolitan, Evangelos of New Jersey, allows streaming of services
from the churches.  The two churches I frequent, Dormition of the Theotokos
in Winchester, VA, and Saints Peter and Paul in Frederick, MD,  are not
currently doing so:  Dormition has a part-time priest who lives in
Fredericksburg   and Sts Peter and Paul's priest is isolated at home with
his wife and daughter who tested positive and his son.

I have been watching Holy Week services from several places including
Patras, Greece; Mesa Yeitona, Cyprus;  Raleigh, NC; New York; Bethesda,
Maryland; and Richmond, Virginia.   There are usually about 4 people at
each church: priest, (maybe deacon or bishop), psaltis/chanter(s),  AV
person.    Of course, the priest would not be allowed to celebrate a
liturgy by himself and how would one process with the cross or the tomb of
Christ without being at the church?

 Today is Great and Holy Friday.  I dyed my red eggs last night and
prepared bean soup today.  Tomorrow evening I will light my candle at home
and chant "Xristos Anesti!  Χριστός Ανέστη!"

Kate

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8