[Magdalen] obits

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 02:22:51 UTC 2020

It's definitely quieter in our neighborhood due to the reduced schedule of
the CTA elevated trains that are normally clattering by in the background,
a few blocks away. At 6 p.m., I noticed I could actually hear the Angelus
being rung on the bells of Madonna Della Strada chapel at Loyola U Chicago.
I usually hear the brief peal of all the bells that happens afterward, but
I also caught the 3 sets of 3 bongs before that. Interestingly, I heard the
peal of the noon Angelus while I was watching a live stream of a friend's
6pm Vespers from London, which started with the Angelus. So the bells fit
in perfectly. The Angelus across the waters. :)

We've got a new bird feeder set up and are putting some seeds on a couple
of windowsills as well. The cats get a great view of this, and so do we. A
cardinal couple are regulars, and so is a pesky house finch that they
tolerate for a while but then chase away. You can tell the cardinals are a
couple because the male feeds the female occasionally from his own mouth.
Neat.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA