[Magdalen] obits

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 02:05:04 UTC 2020

Mass General's been locked down for a couple of weeks.
 If you walk up to the front door, Security will greet you and politely
shoo you away.
 (I have not had this experience myself, but am paying attention because
sooner or later I'll need to visit the Credit Union, which is currently
off-limits to all but current employees.)
 The dozen or more other entrances have all been locked.
 That's probably true of all the hospitals.

They are predicting that we will probably hit our peak on Friday or
Saturday.

The testing of the homeless population continues.
 Something like a third have tested positive.

A couple of things I've noticed.
 With hardly any traffic, red lights seem to last forever.
 I have never heard so many birds downtown. The other day I was listening
to what I thought was a hormonally-charged song sparrow, but then I heard
echoes of bluejay and seagull, so realized it was a well-traveled
mockingbird.
 We've discovered we're channeling our mothers because the food supply is
plentiful but not 100  per cent. So it's no longer "what do you want for
dinner?" but "what's available?"
 It's fascinating to see what gets snapped up at the grocery store. Frozen
pizza and French fries are sold out. Plenty of healthy stuff, thank God.
 FWP [first world problems]
-M