[Magdalen] Safe?

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:35:47 UTC 2020

Thanks, Ginga! I'm really having fun even though I'm overwhelmed by all
there is to learn. I had MLS classes two half days last week and two half
days this week. I've completed a 4-hour Ethics class from National
Association of Realtors and I've two more classes on Legal issues coming
up. My Broker offers 1-hour classes 3 or 4 days per week that are great
also. But, I had no idea I'd still have so many classes to complete. I
hosted 5 Open Houses last month for other Agents and I got on the rota for
Phone Duty this month. My first time was Saturday but I didn't get any
calls. I volunteered to do showings next weekend for another Agent who
can't do them. So, I'm trying to do everything I can to get up to speed and
start to build a business. Scary but fun!

The Gov of Texas has been a big suck-up to Trump as well. We were doing
really well until he forced a reopening and banned mask ordinances in June.
It looks like we MAY be leveling out here in San Antonio but the rest of
the state is pretty scary. I'm very grateful that we were able to stay at
home this summer. We were scheduled to go to weddings in Guadalajara in
March (moved to 2021) and October (probably moved as well) and to visit
family in Mexico City in June. I regret we had to miss all that - Alex's
first cousins have new babies we haven't met and one more is on the way.
But, it was the right thing to do and someday we'll be able to see them all
again.

Peace,

Rick