[Magdalen] heart catherization

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:21:58 UTC 2020

Thanks, Christopher and Rick.  I am feeling much better as the day has
moved on.  One thing I do know about all this going into further
exploration of cause, etc., it is not relative to me being an anxious
person.  I am accustomed over the years to my blood pressure reaching great
heights.  I have survived the hundreds of episodes to date and expect to
survive any others that come without complications.  The speech and vision
problems yesterday did indeed bring me some anxiety but they passes quickly
enough.  It is so important for medical professionals not to immediately
put a white haired old woman in the 'nervous nellie' box and approach our
presenting issues with 'ageism.'  I ran into both in the past two days.  I
addressed that directly with the ER doc yesterday - "Please do not see me
as a nervous old woman.  I've dealt with very high blood pressure for 52
years...it no longer scares me.  And also, I am quite well educated about
my diagnoses."  Her attitude changed.  When someone goes immediately to the
labels, rather than the symptoms, they are treating a person as an object,
a thing to put into a particular box.  Not good.

So, of course I was anxious, but that was not the cause of my condition or
the elevation in the moment.
Ginga