[Magdalen] Where are we

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 18 08:49:37 UTC 2020

I am still here in Bedford, UK as we near the end of this crazy year.
Like many people I have a number of school-related Zoom (and other
platforms) meetings but they are now over until next term. We have a
socially-distanced Eucharist on Wednesdays and Sundays. After the second
lockdown of the year we emerged to a stricter Tier Two of restrictions
but at midnight we will be going into the strictest of the levels, Tier
Three, though it will have little effect on me. That is being relaxed
over Christmas when I will be travelling (alone in my car as usual) to
see my son and his family so I will share it with two grandchildren, two
dogs, cats who generally ignore us and chickens who are currently penned
up because of bird flu in the country.

On the brighter side I have found three benefits from the pandemic.
First I don't have to travel between meetings, which also tied to be
more sharply focussed. Secondly I appreciate the quieter time before
services. Thirdly we now have a daily Zoom service of Morning Prayer (in
a few minutes so I must fire up my laptop) when I can use my desktop
computer for ther texts which is a LOT better than having to flick
between sections of a book or three.

Roger