[Magdalen] Where are we

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:53:22 UTC 2020

I, too, am Zooming.  Last week there was a big get-together with my
old singing group (the Island City Singers) from Montreal days, some 39 of
us turned out!  I enjoy getting together with The Marion Singers each week,
or at least with the founding and longer-standing members.  Church meetings
on Zoom, of course.  And most notably, I'm a faithful follower of St.
Andrew's Cathedral, Aberdeen, thanks to Ferdinand's invitation to Corpus
Christi many months ago.  There's a lot to follow!  Morning Prayer,
meditations by the River, Bible study, Thursday Eucharist  and, of course,
the Sunday service and occasional others of Evening Prayer, Benediction,
etc., all presented by the Provost from the Upper Room of Seabury House.
(It's a long story)  Truth to tell, it is all more satisfying than my live
church with our new priest who has dumbed it all down (in my view) and I
turn up because I have to, being a warden

Marion, a pilgrim