[Magdalen] Where are we

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:01:47 UTC 2020

Cady, the only Communion “delivery” we’re being permitted is taking it to “shut-ins,” either by the priest or LEV. One kind only, pre-consecrated, 15-minute limit...(though I did point out that I could say the words of institution at the time, since we don’t have the Reserved Sacrament)
I asked if,  since everyone is essentially a shut-in at this point, we could offer this to everyone, and I was told that was not the intention, but to use our pastoral judgment. So far I haven’t made the offer. For one thing, I don’t have all the disposable accoutrements I’d need. We only have two actual “shut-ins,” and one of them is in a nursing home and can’t have visitors. We have not been given official permission to do what Suzie is doing, though I think it’s a good idea.