[Magdalen] physically distanced communion

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Tue Dec 22 15:40:07 UTC 2020

Our Cathedral has been using these little packets (available through
Concordia) for some time. I don't know why our diocesan partnership hasn't
made this generally known; I only found out through a friend who received
it there, and brought me one,  then I called the Dean. We'll distribute
them Christmas Eve, and Ash Wednesday, probably. My Warden wants me to do
it weekly, and we might go to that. We've ordered a small FM transmitter
(doubt that we'll have it by Xmas Eve), which will allow me to do drive in
parking lot services. It sure isn't how I ever imagined church,  but maybe
we needed something to get us unstuck a little from old ways, and from
bricks and mortar. I think this is a little like what Ginga experienced
years ago, and she tried to tell us how revitalizing a necessity like this
could be. For me, at least, her prophetic words fell on deaf ears at the
time. I can't say I'm grateful for 2020, and of course I love our old forms
and ways, but I love the church more, however necessity may reconfigure it!

Ann
The Reverend Ann Markle
Buffalo,  NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu