[Magdalen] Blocking calls??

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jan 8 17:39:38 UTC 2020

This reminds me that on Christmas Eve, the processional hymn at the (USA) National Basilica was directly out of theCarols for Choir book edited by Willcocks and Rutter.  They did the brass introduction thatseems to be becoming the deriqueur arrangement, and followed all the verses faithfully.Such hymn elaboration is very unusual for a USA RCC.
I think of this Carols series as being via King's, Cambridge  correctly or not.  I also note that thesuccessor to Willcocks, Stephen Cleobury, died a week or so ago after a 37 yearhistory of Choirmaster of King's College Choir.  It isn't Christmas until King's sings.

David Strang.