[Magdalen] Epiphany /Fwd: [unfoldinglight] -- Another road

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:42:20 UTC 2020

From the Methodist Pastor who writes almost daily.
Epiphany, the word and multiple meanings is fascinating and surely at play in this piece. We, may the world are in need of an epiphany.
Lynn

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steve Garnaas-Holmes <unfoldinglight at gmail.com>
Date: January 6, 2020 at 6:54:44 AM CST
To: Free LIst <unfoldinglight at freelists.org>
Subject: [unfoldinglight] -- Another road

Dearly Beloved,

Grace and Peace to you.

         Having been warned in a dream
         not to return to Herod,
         they left for their own country by another road.
                  —Matthew 2.12

Herod, that sleaze, dressed in acceptability,
will entice me into evil in a thousand ways,
the collusion of silence, the assistance
of normalizing terror, demonizing people,
the great undertaking of fear and selfishness,
even mere judgment of another,
all draped in language of honor and greatness.

God, help me not fall for it.
Help me see the hidden ways
I cooperate with injustice, promote racism,
add to climate change, excuse violence.
Warn me in dreams—or in wakefulness.

Set above me your clear star of wisdom
that I may see and catch myself.
Give me courage to seek another road,
to arrest my own complicity, to change my ways.

Set me your star. Ope my eyes.
Shown me another road.

Deep Blessings,
Pastor Steve

__________________
Steve Garnaas-Holmes
Unfolding Light
www.unfoldinglight.net
January 6, 2020

Donate to Unfolding Light
Discuss this on Facebook
Subscribe to Unfolding Light
Visit the Web site

Too much Light? To get one collection weekly instead of daily, write me.
To completely unsubscribe send an email here with “unsubscribe” in the Subject.