[Magdalen] 2020d

Allan Carr allanc5 at me.com
Thu Jan 9 00:28:06 UTC 2020

l read a book about tree communities years ago, The Hidden Life of Trees. One thing I remember is that trees talk to each other, very very slowly, hormonally and chemically through their roots.  They actually have a collective intelligence, like a bee or ant colony. I love these strange, at least to me, facts.

I ordered Ehrman’s Jesus Before The Gospels. Amazon suggested a couple of more Ehrman books which I didn’t think I had read so I went hog wild and, it being late, ordered all three (each was a fairly cheap paperback!). That will, undoubtedly, be a surfeit of Ehrman.

Thank you for your email, and thanks to everyone who responded to my birthday email. I was genuinely touched.

I think my problem with books was my attempt to only read and listen using a Kindle. I’ll try real books from now on, if only paperbacks. Maybe that will restore my reading habit.

Once again, thanks to you all.

Allan Carr