[Magdalen] 2020d

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jan 9 19:31:08 UTC 2020

Tulip trees and American Sycamores are tied for the largest North American angiosperm trees.
Tulips are in the magnolia family, and if you watch carefully in the spring at the highbranches there are attractive yellow magnolia type flowers.  I am very partial totulip trees because they are somewat exotic for me.  They do not grow in the UpperMidwest, being supplanted, probably, by the American Linden which reaches itsbest development in Eastern Minnesota and Western Wisconsin  likely becausethere are no tulip trees competing in those areas.