[Magdalen] Decline and decay

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 13:56:03 UTC 2020

I had no choice but to get total hip replacements back in the early 1990's.  Both hips hadturned to gravel secondary to aseptic necrosis.  The hips were done six months apart inone of the local hospitals.

Hip replacement is often so immediately stable that the patients are right offable to walk and that was the case for me.  I had to force myself to use a walkerthat first post-surgical week, and then I was off on my own unaided.  There wasastonishing weight loss with both hips.  I could not wear my pre-surgical clothing.

The only residual pain was some discomfort with heavy duty walking/hiking.

I guess knees are much more troublesome.

David Strang.