[Magdalen] MLK Day (USA).

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 02:30:35 UTC 2020

Martin Luther King Day is observed in the USA on Monday 20th January.

Let me share again my little family story about MLK.

While stationed in Germany, we took a family outing to the "Rheinisch RomanesqueTriumvirate"  (Mainz, Speyer, and Worms Cathedrals).  At Worms we had finishedthe church interior, and were checking out what might remain of the monasticbuildings close by (practically zero) when we noted a large plaque placed in theground.  It read in German (English translation):  "Here before God and Countrystood Martin Luther..."

My daughter, Wendy, about 8 at the time, pulled at my sleeve to ask, "Daddy, don'tthey mean Martin Luther King?"

David Strang.