[Magdalen] Church Cleaning & Reopening

Louise Laughton LLaug at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jul 1 16:40:53 UTC 2020

I can’t remember what street the Rev BB Schiess and the doctor lived on — Berkeley? Circle? Dorset? Stratford? It could have been one of those. Speaking of the SU geography department, we were friends with the son and daughter-in-law of the well-known geographer of the Far East, Cressey (the son was Dick-for-Richard). Another SU geographer, (emeritus) Don(ald) Meinig just died at 90-something. He was a neighbor, 600 block of Cumberland Ave. I live in the 500 block. The 900 block of Westmoreland Ave is behind me because of the way streets do or don’t run over the Euclid hill. Westmoreland does, Cumberland doesn’t. Anyhow, that block of Westmoreland was once called “faculty hill."