[Magdalen] Church Cleaning & Reopening

Chad Wohlers chad at satucket.com
Wed Jul 1 17:42:51 UTC 2020

Yes - you two were (are) on the East side of Syracuse, Lynn & I were on
the West side. My father was head of research at Solvay Process -
neither we nor anyone I knew had any connection with Syracuse Univ.

I went to John T Roberts for elementary school on Glenwood Ave. and I do
remember that there were kids bused in from the east side (Meadowbrook
Drive sounds familiar) as their school was overcrowded and ours wasn't.
I think our lack of students was because essentially everyone in the
area was RC and sent their kids to Most Holy Rosary. Nowadays Rosary is
no more and JT Roberts is much expanded.

My mother was very involved in getting what was to become Corcoran High
School built right behind JT Roberts, but that didn't actually happen
until after we left.

--
Chad Wohlers
chad at satucket.com