[Magdalen] the word "smart"

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 01:50:41 UTC 2020

My mother (+rip 2004 at 96yrs) used to remark "too smart for your/their own
good" when applied to us kids, who  had come up with some  cheeky
rejoinder, so it's always had a more than slight pejorative ring about it,
over here on the other side of the bigger pond.

Regards
Lesley de Voil

--
Sent from MetroMail