[Magdalen] the word "smart"

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 17:30:55 UTC 2020

My grandmother would be 143 years old in September (!)
 When I think about that, it amazes me.
 I can remember her voice, the feel of her delicate skin.

I remember the afternoon when she laid the newspaper down and said, "I have
more friends on the Other Side than I have here now." I was too young to
realize I should tell her that I would be her friend. That I'd remember her
for my whole life. That I'd always love her.

I think of the way the world changed in her lifetime. From kerosene lamps
and wood stoves and wagons with horses to automobiles and airplanes and
telephones. It's a great example of how adaptable human beings are.

And she survived two BCP revisions :-D
-M