[Magdalen] Garden report

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 03:57:12 UTC 2020

Another update

>  We'll get apricots this year for the first time

Apricots weren't supposed to ripen until c. Jul 1. They're ready now.
Jam time.  16 1/2 pint jars in the last 2 days. Another batch of processed
cots ready for the jam process tomorrow, And the tree still has lots more.
May try some apricot chutney. ( I thought I had purchased a semi-dwarf tree
but it is now quite tall. I have an extension handle fruit picker but
this will be a challenge. The ones from the treetop may have to be picked
up as windfalls).

Apricots tend to be a little labor intensive, but the taste is so good.

I took out half the blackberries this year - the smaller 2nd garden had
been overrun with them with little space for anything else. The main berry
patch is around my apricot tree - and it is looking like it will outdo the
previous two groups of plantings. At least I am home to help with the
processing instead of being off singing shapes.

Had some peas for dinner last night and the green beans are in full bloom.

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles

http//:pdanbrittain.com  Or  at Sheet Music Plus
http://tinyurl.com/yb9fl39r