[Magdalen] Garden report

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Jun 10 17:15:25 UTC 2020

Oh, Dan, you make me miss my big garden!  I do have 4 tomato plants (a red
and yellow cherry, and 2 "mystery plants" donated by a friend), planted in
the dirt/gravel strip alongside the driveway of my apartment building.
They were successful last year, and so far look pretty good this year.  I
have a full-shade border in the back, hostas and coleus (both pretty happy)
and begonias (not so much -- I thought they liked shade, and when I got
them home they said "at least 4 hours of morning sun -- not in my back
yard!). That's the extent of my gardening this year, though I have more
house plants here than I've had in decades!

Wish I were close enough to snag a pint of that apricot jam!  When we were
in Provence 5 years ago, we had an apricot tree in the back yard, and could
eat them right off the tree (well, off the ground under the tree).  They
were wonderful!

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY