[Magdalen] memories

Don Boyd thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 15 20:00:08 UTC 2020

Dinosaur that I am, I haven’t learned how to do Zoom but this could  move me toward learning as I would very much like to have more time with y’all.

I have pretty much been — is the expression “sheltering in place” since my wife Janice died  (nov 2017) except for daily visits from my daughter when when she takes me on a sightseeing excursion (I don’t get out of the car).  These sometimes include a meal (either restaurant window or curbside pickup or something she or I have prepared.  Yesterday I left the car and actually went inside a restaurant (most tables bearing “sorry, we can’t serve you at this table “ signs).

The Texas response in this trump-is-wonderful state has been to deny any problem for as long as possible and then to blame Democrats for any inconvenience caused by complying with limits mandated in hope of minimizing the spread of covid-19.  We’re currently battling over who Can vote by mail in primaries, runoffs, and the general election.  Republicans want voting by mail prohibited (or at least limited to geezers and active duty military) to prevent election fraud; Democrats prefer a mail voting option available to everyone who’s eligible to vote and accuse GOP of trying to suppress  votes by black and brown citizens who mostly vote Democratic.

My, but I do go on.

Sent from my iPhone