[Magdalen] memories

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:32:53 UTC 2020

I'm really excited by the probability of a Zoom meeting with you all.  So
easy, no travel, and the chance to see many of you in one lovely group!

I live alone, but do get out and about a bit.  Over to the church to sign
cheques and the like (our office is closed, but the bookkeeper and I have
worked out a good system for the essential things).  Groceries perhaps once
a week.   Helping at a food bank once a week when I can  But social contact
is limited to several regular Zoom meetings., which are a whole lot better
than nothing.

Our priest is now planning to make a dash for it across to the USA next
week  to pursue his monastic vocation in Michigan.  This plan looks more
final than previous ones, and we need to do the rectory inspection and  so
on..  But it is sad that we can't organize a proper face-to-face farewell
and thank-you.  Very strange.

Marion, a pilgrim