[Magdalen] Legal ruling for ACNA churches in South Carolina

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:23:49 UTC 2020

Thanks, Grace.  Yes, idols and portage and SC politics, imnsho.

Truth be told, I think it is past time for us to move forward without the
property.  It is so much cleaner that way.  Those former members of the
current ACNA churches who are counting on bring back in their buildings can
name the loss they have been dealt and do a good work of grieving.  At the
same time, parishes can begin a refreshed journey to become who each one
is.  Truth be told, with few exceptions, we are each a new creation with
lots of outreach ministries.  I would rather invest the funds we spend on
legal doings into congregational development and support for acquisition on
free and clear properties.  Good Shepherd needs a full church property
complete with large worship space, offices, education rooms for all ages,
etc.  let’s be the church, rather than wait for buildings we cannot afford.

Not everyone agrees with that idea.  😇

Ginga