[Magdalen] Church Cleaning & Reopening

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:16:31 UTC 2020

Our Diocese sets the pace, not what levels of government may be saying.
So, there is stage one for the office and tenants and  staff in July and
August.  and then stage two, opening the church for services in September.
We are few in number and mostly over 70 and into 80s and 90s.  The priest
won't have a server, no transfer of vessels, etc,. and must wear a mask A
Lot. A standing station, no kneeling or rail, for receiving -- wafer only,
of course.  Everyone masked and sitting miles apart .  A list of names
attending, to be kept for three years.  No coffee time at all.   No
singing, of course.  It's kind of sad - our organist has worked so hard to
bring along a junior choir (kiss the adults goodbye) over time.  He has
them doing chimes, too, and that presents its own set of problems. re
spacing.  Our office is manned by volunteers..  It is all due diligence, of
course, but it will be the same two or three who will have to do everything
for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to the industry of our incumbent we have had wonderful bulletins
since we got rid of the position of parish secretary, correct in every
detail and featuring art and a meditation each week.  Come September,
hmmmmm.

That's my whine for today.  Thanks for listening.  Now I must turn my
attention to receiving the rectory keys before that car leaves in the
morning..

Marion, a pilgrim