[Magdalen] Me too!

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:01:07 UTC 2020

I also joined St. Sam's in 1997, actually June of 1997.  LOL!  Capers
Limehouse, also of blessed memory, was a friend of mine here in
Summerville, SC.  Capers was part of a group of women who gathered weekly
to study and have conversations regarding better Anglican theology that we
were getting in SC at the time.  She was SO smart and well read and
articulate.  Capers scared the hell out of the male clergy in SC, and after
persisting faithfully, eventually she was ordained to the diaconate. Capers
told us about St. Sams's, her online Anglican community.  I wanted to be
part of that but didn't have a computer then.  John changed that for my
50th birthday...June, 1997.  Before I knew how to use Word, I signed on to
St. Sam's.  Many SO smart people were part of the dialog and I learned a
lot.

St. Sam's did become unbearably contentious in time, so St. Bede's formed,
then Magdalen's.  I followed these iterations over time.  I have love the
few listmeets I've attended, my first being the institution of new ministry
for Ann Markle when she went to Clarksville, TN.  Her bishop then became
the first provisional bishop of SC after the schism.  I met Jay, Mary Jane,
Carol Marsh, Judy Fleener then.  (I don't think Bill Fleener was there
then.)  Good times.

Ginga