[Magdalen] A little IT help, please

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:12:16 UTC 2020

-- I am thoroughly frustrated.  The plan was to livestream a Eucharist from
the church this morning on our FaceBook page.  We don't have wifi, so the
junior warden brought a hotspot. We practiced Friday evening, and it went
on to the page with no problem.  I did a short live piece from home last
evening, again with no trouble.  This morning we either couldn't get on the
internet or kept getting bumped off--even trying two different
computers. We figured it was probably because every church in  the country
was streaming a service!  So we decided to take a video of the service and
post it later.

Did that and got a really great video.  But here's the problem.  When I
tried to upload it to our page, it got about 5% of the way and then
stopped.  I tried that twice.  Then I tried uploading it to YouTube,
because someone said that might work better.  Well, it's uploading, but
it's been 45 minutes already, 8% done, and it's telling me it will be
another 2-1/2 hours.!  Is this normal? I can't imagine having to go through
this every time I want to post a video.

For this evening I'm just going to stream Evening Prayer from my house,
which shoujldn't be a problem. And next Sunday I was planning to do Morning
Prayer from my house anyway. But looking ahead to the Palm Sunday and
Easter services, which I'd like to have in the church with three or four
people, as we did today, I just can't imagine having to do this.  We'll
have to record the services the day before.
Am I missing something here?

I appreciate any wisdom you can offer.  You can reply offlist, if you
prefer.

Thanks,
Grace

Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*"Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great
love."*
*St. Teresa of Calcutta*