[Magdalen] Mary, Marry, and Merry

Allan Carr allanc5 at me.com
Fri May 15 11:31:23 UTC 2020

Although it was a long time ago, I was married to a Mary for fifteen years. Thinking.about my pronunciation of her name, it varied all the way from may-ree to meh-ree depending on my mood, supplicating or demanding or maybe loving or angry.
I was from Toronto Ont and she was from Troy NY. I do know my Toronto accent changed quite a bit in the decade, mostly in Maryland, before I met her. May-ree-land sounds strange to me versus Meh-ruh-lin.

Allan Carr