[Magdalen] Is anyone here worshipping in person inside a church?

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sun Oct 4 19:27:52 UTC 2020

We are outside in  the parking lot, but next week will likely be the last.
Today was nippy (low 50s), forecast to be a little warmer next week. We do
as others have said --  no real peace, no coffee, no wine (except
celebrant), no music.  We have an undercroft with 10 windows that fully
open.  We did have 1 rainy Sunday (not bad, since July 5!), and the
undercroft worked, though if we get more people (currently getting about
25), we may have to go for 2 services again, to allow for adequate
spacing.  Every time I think about Christmas, I get a stomach ache. We may
forego Christmas services altogether.  The other option I've seen floated
is doing several services, with number limits; but without singing, there
hardly seems to be a point, really.  There are far more beautiful services
online and on tv.  Not having Holy Week and Easter was worse than missing
Christmas.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY