[Magdalen] Chicago announces bishop candidates

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:13:35 UTC 2020

This is exactly what I would say
and add that
at his ordination
the Bish predicted he'd be a bishop.
(I wasn't there, but this was told to me by someone who was ordained
alongside.)

I've met him and like him.
Have friends at St. Mary's,
was once close friends with the senior warden.
They will be sad to see him go.

Have friends who've worked closely with Winnie Varghese.
They think she's the best we've got (in the whole church)
and I wouldn't disagree.

We are currently in North Conway on the annual leaf-peeping tour.
Boston residents are forbidden from Vermont,
so this year it's New Hampshire.
Driving up was surprised to see vastly more Biden/Harris signs than
Trump/Pence.
And one barn displaying a huge Republicans for Biden banner.
These were all on back roads and blue highways
(leaf-peeping demands it).

North Conway is on the Maine border and Susan Collins is being beaten like
a rug on local tv advertising. Each ad mentions her voting for the
corporate bailout and several sneer at her vote for Kavanaugh. Autre temps.
-M