[Magdalen] Easter services

Roger Stokes r.s.stokes.65 at cantab.net
Sun Apr 4 19:15:07 UTC 2021

When I am heading to somewhere I don't know I generally use SatNav (GPS
in US speak). As many of you know I have driven round much of the lower
48 and found it invaluable. The model I got in 2013 for my first US road
trip (and which I still use) tells you which lane to be in when
approaching an intersection which is also useful.

There is also a useful app you can put on your phone and access from a
computer. It's called what3words and divides the world into 10ft squares
giving a three word reference to each one. Obviously this is very
helpful in rural areas where there aren't street addresses. My son tells
me that a lot of the farmers around him use it to dell fuel delivery
drivers where the tank is and I used it with him last week to identify
the house he expects to move to in a month or two once it is ready and
he has cleared his craft barn. If you go to
https://w3w.co/sulk.held.raves you will find a well-known landmark. I
don't know how they determine the words they use for each square but the
door I normally use for my apartment is https://w3w.co/ranks.plus.chain.
It will also link seamlessly to give you directions.

Roger