[Magdalen] Happy New Year

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 00:31:01 UTC 2021

Happy New Year, one and all. Tonight we celebrate at home and will observe
our usual tradition, which I brought to the house, of opening the back door
and sweeping the old year out, and opening the front door to let the new
year in. You can be sure I will shout "Get the **** out and don't EVER come
back!" while sweeping 2020 out the back door and all the way off the porch.
Although neither one of us feels like the new year will truly arrive until
noon on January 20.