[Magdalen] Happy New Year

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Fri Jan 1 10:50:25 UTC 2021

Happy New Year to all! Let's hope and pray for a better 2021 than 2020,
though it's not started well, with record numbers of cases of the c-word
and daily death numbers climbing in both the USA and the UK (and in many
other places too). And with the UK having left the EU single market and
customs union we face a new relationship with the our European friends
and the rest of the world too. All too much "little England" for me.

At least we can look forward to a change of direction in the USA later
this month, and we await news from Georgia next week.

Meanwhile this morning I am listening to the annual New Year concert
from Vienna, this year being performed without an audience.

And I look forward to life becoming a bit less hectic than it has been
for the last 10 months, which seems to have been one of the busiest
periods of my life.

Stay safe everyone.

simon

--