[Magdalen] Where are we

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:18:50 UTC 2021

Good to see so many still here. Most remember that I don't write a lot;
that hasn't changed.

I'll go ahead and request a prayer pat.

Some might remember that about 4 years ago, I was having an MRI to get
ready for a hernia repair. The MRI team found cysts on my pancreas, so an
endoscopy was ordered on that before they looked at the hernia. We drove to
Little Rock (c. 3 hours). Had lab work done the afternoon before and the
endoscopy the next day.The cysts were benign, though there were a lot of
them. So ever since that event, I have had a follow up MRI every 6 months.
All of those have been normal until last week.

Here's where it gets weird. I was referred to a local surgeon's office for
the procedure. Someone didn't call first - this office doesn't do that
procedure. So I called the main VA for our area (Fayetteville).The nurse
seemed determined to find a non-VA facility to do the procedure. I told her
that the last one had been done at McClellan VA in Little Rock and that I
did not object to going back there again.

I have never been a fan of Wilkie - the relatively new head of the VA, who
has been trying to civilianize everything he can. I think this is all part
of his community services scam (defund and do away with the VA).

She was not the contact for my team, she said she would talk with them
tomorrow - hopefully I can get to a VA facility where they care about the
Vet.

Sorry for the long rant. Hope all is well with everyone.

P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles

http//:pdanbrittain.com  Or  at Sheet Music Plus
http://tinyurl.com/yb9fl39r