[Magdalen] A brighter note?

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:37:25 UTC 2021

Good afternoon Grace,

Georgia put the wafers directly into people's hands. Only people who
were comfortable with that came up to the rail.

As the only glluten-free person in the congregation right now, I
handle my own wafer in a separate tiny "tin" by putting it on the
altar for the consecration, then getting the tin from the celebrant,
opening it and consuming the blessed wafer, taking it home with me,
putting a new water in the tin, and repeating everything next Sunday.
It simplifies the process for both the Altar Guild and for the priest.

Georgia is one of at least 6 priests (including a "retired" bishop)
who are providing coverage, from pastoral care to church services, as
we go through our transition period, which started the first of the
year.

So far, the vestry is still the "transition team" - we are lucky to
have had the simplified down time to go through the candidate process.
So far, no one has received a Priest-In-Charge contract. We have more
candidates to vet and interview.

The transition process has not been easy. As in many places, we are
not an easy church, even as we do our best to be a community of faith.
Transition is as much of a challenge as bringing all of our buildings
& grounds up to modern code, but we wrestled with that over a period
of several years! The hardest part is that everyone is so eager to
have everything go "back to normal" - as if such a thing could be
defined.

Georgia led us in a prayer of remembrance for June 6 1944, DDay.
Looking back, remembering, hoping forward.

Cady