[Magdalen] Google launches rockets at Magdalen

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:05:58 UTC 2022

Wonderful to read of Ann's diaconal ordination!  Thanks, Brian.

I came to St. Sam's through my friend Capers Limehouse, who also was
ordained a deacon some years after Ann. Capers was a vocational deacon in
South Carolina.  Those who knew Capers will remember that she was brilliant
theologically and a poet.  Capers died several years ago

Capers spoke with great delight about St. Sam's....so much so that I knew I
needed that sort of community, being a member of a diocese that would split
with TEC to form the conservative ACNA splinter group.  Although not nearly
so theologically educated (or argumentative) as some St. Sam's members, I
purchased a computer in 1997 for my 50th birthday *SO THAT* I could join
St. Sam's. A godsend, to be sure.   I dropped out of St. Sam's when St.
Bede's came along and later St. Bede's when Magdalen was instituted.  But
each of these dialog groups were saving graces for me as my diocese came
apart in 2012.  When that happened, an Episcopal remnant that was left
without a church body in Summerville, SC formed a new Episcopal worshipping
community (the designation TEC gave us at that juncture).  I was blessed to
be elected senior warden of this group which eventually became The
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Summerville, SC, now a mission
church, with our second priest-in-charge in the Episcopal Diocese of SC.  I
learned enough from all iterations of Magdalen through the years to give me
the courage to embrace the call to lead in our earliest days.  We have
grown over the years from 30 members to at least 125 now and have recently
purchased property upon which we will build a church building.

Alleluia...and thanks, Y'all.
Ginga Wilder