[Magdalen] Nothing new since….

Sharon Moon sharonbmoon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:52:12 UTC 2022

outhern Maryland where I have been a member.

A group of us who are similarly yoked have met for about ten years in
monthly shared dinner, brief worship and time of fellowship at members’
homes.  When COVID came we regretfully took a safe distance break and now
we are still good friends and but we have not yet resumed our monthly
evening times together.

Thirteen years ago my husband Lewis died quite unexpectedly and suddenly.
I am still in some level of shock and heartache and I miss him everyday.

A couple of years ago my younger brother who has also lost his spouse moved
from Kentucky to live with me and he is a great blessing in my life.  He is
always gentle and kind and I have enjoyed seeing how my family here in
Maryland have become so fondly attached to him and now help provide him a
sense of belonging and inclusion for these senior years of his life.

I have sons who are married and live near us.  The oldest and his wife are
launching their twin daughters into their first year of college.  One is on
her way to Hawaii to school and the other is headed to SCAD In Georgia.
What a busy year this has been for their family!

My youngest son is 43 and he and his husband have a soon to be seven year
old daughter who enjoys both of their biological markers.  She has been
home-schooled and is aspiring already to become a space traveler.

I have so much to be grateful for everyday in so many ways.  I do wish
Lewis were here to enjoy the life-fruit of of our family journey with me.
We are so blessed.

I am practicing as a therapist and it remains a full-time challenging
experience even with the intrusion and demands of COVID strictures.

I struggle to make sense of what is happening in the country and on the
earth home we all love and wish to preserve.  It seems as a challenge
beyond words to to express.

Thank to each of you for posting your expressive and heartfelt updates.  I
may not be sharing here too often, but I’ll treasure reading your posts and
will keep each of you in my prayers as I am able.