[Magdalen] Like I Was Puzzled.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 02:46:41 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/3/2014 4:48:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
revegger at gmail.com writes:

What really irks me is when people (our President included) use the  horrid
Midwestern pronunciation of "tuh" instead of 'to', as in "I went tuh  the
store".....arrrrgh!!!>>>

Yes, but this is in the category of accents, and that doesn't stifle
the development of the language.

But while on the subject of "to" this preposition continues to  replace
other prepositions, especially "in" - as in "I made changes to my
schedule."
The latter would have been almost unintelligible 40 years ago, but  now
is the routine.  The older usage would be "I made changes in my  schedule."

I even heard "to" being used where "from" was required in one ad  recently.

David S.